Thursday 4 February 2021

Time To Talk Day 2021

 Time to Talk Day 2021



I'm so excited for this years Time to Talk Day because it's all about starting the conversation. 
This year, it's all about #powerofsmall which means that starting small conversations to ask about others mental health and how they are really doing. Start the conversation and really listen to them and advise, or if you can't advise, a simple "I'm here for you" is okay and comforting to say. 

Being there for others is so important, but reaching out for the sake of our own mental health is important too. So please talk to someone, if not today, make it a priority for the next week. 

I shared my story in the Children's Mental Health Week 2021 post I put up on the 1st of this month so definitely check it out. 

Time to Talk is a campaign that started in 2014 and I've taken part of it every single year since then as it's such an important campaign and reminder that talking is a good thing when it comes to our mental health. 

If I hadn't have spoken up when I did at 18, I honestly don't think I would be here. Talking and speaking out about our struggles is the biggest and hardest step but it's so worth it. 
It took me 8 years to get to where I am, but again, like I keep saying it's a marathon, not a sprint, not everyone will recover in the same time and the same way, everyone is different. 

I will of course put up a post for Time to Talk Day 2021, so keep your eyes peeled for that. It'll go up at 10am so the same time as this post :). 
So speak out and get that help you desperately need. 

Helpful websites and helplines for you:

Shout - Text 85258 - Shout website

Mind - Mind website 

Samaritans - Call 116123 for free from mobiles and landlines - Samaritans website

Stay safe and I'll speak to you in my next blog post. 





MissCatherineWard
Where to find me;
Facebook; Miss Catherine Ward
Instagram; @misscatherineward
Email contact; catherinejw@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment