Thursday 4 February 2021

World Cancer Day 2021

 World Cancer Day 2021



A lot of you will have been affected by cancer either with your own battle or someone you know. I have unfortunately lost family members and friends to cancer and it's heart breaking. 
I thought I'd do a blog post to share some advice and some charities which will hopefully be helpful to anyone reading this. 

I used to be a volunteer for Cancer Research UK in Corby, and I loved it, but due to anxiety, it got too much and too busy for me, so I've used this past year to focus on my mental health recovery. It's such a great charity and I've raised money three times for them.
I shaved my hair for the first time in 2016 to raise money for Cancer Research UK and then did it again in 2018 and because my step-dad is battling leukemia, I got him to shave my hair the second time in store, I haven't done it again since but I really do want to.. 

I also took part in the money raising activities in the store, such as the bean bath, which by the way isn't as bad as people think, yes it stinks, but you do get used to it lol.. 

I love raising money for any charity but since cancer has affected some of my own family including my Dad who is a throat cancer survivor, it's something I want to blog about and try and raise more awareness. 

There are actually over 100 types of cancer, which is crazy to think.

Charities that help patients and survivors:

Cancer Research UK - @cr_uk, use the website - Cancer Research UK to find your local retail store too if you have anything to donate or you want to donate your time to help volunteer. 

Macmillan Cancer Support - @macmillancancer - Macmillan Cancer Support 



As always, I will be putting up a Instagram post about this too, so keep your eyes peeled for that. 


Stay safe and I'll speak to you in my next blog post.





MissCatherineWard
Where to find me;
Facebook; Miss Catherine Ward
Instagram; @misscatherineward
Email contact; catherinejw@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment