Monday 1 March 2021

Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2021: Why Wait??

 Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2021: Why Wait??



Suffering with an eating disorder whether it's anorexia or bulimia, is still quite dangerous and hard to live with and manage. 
I unfortunately wasn't the right weight to be diagnosed with any of my eating disorders and actually the medication I've been put on in the past has made my binge eating disorder much worse, but as an eating disorder is still a MENTAL disorder, I don't know how people can see through others skulls and judge whether they have an eating disorder or not. 

So the theme for this years EDAW2021 is Why Wait?? 

And it's such a great question because getting help quickly means recovering quickly too, but if you "wait" then the problem with your eating habits will either become worse or it will kill you. 

So getting help now is better than waiting until you're "bad enough", start talking about it now and then you will be able to get help quicker and the sooner you'll recover. 

Helplines and websites of charities and organisations who will be able to help are below:

Beating Eating Disorders <- Instagram link
BEAT <- Website 

Helpline: 0808 801 0677
Youthline: 0808 801 0711 
Studentline: 0808 801 0811


Helpline: 0845 838 2040 


Weight Concern <- Website 

Stay safe and I'll speak to you in my next blog post. 






MissCatherineWard
Where to find me;
Facebook; Miss Catherine Ward
Instagram; @misscatherineward
Email contact; catherinejw@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment