Monday 1 March 2021

Self-Injury/Harm Day 2021

 Self-Injury/Harm Day 2021



There's still a taboo when talking about mental health in general but also self harm. I, myself, did used to self-harm, but not the "typical" way, there's so many ways of harming ourselves which I'm obviously not going to go into, but sometimes we are harming ourselves without even knowing it's a problem. 

As a self harmer myself, I didn't take on anyone's advice and carried on doing it until I got help for my BPD which is why I SH.. because I have impulses to do things and yeah it results in SH.

I am also a co owner for a mental health group on Facebook and for the past nearly 9 years, I have been speaking to and helping others who SH. I will make them realise that doing something like that is not healthy nor will it help any situation they are in. 
So adopting healthier methods is a better option and there's so many alternatives out there, which I'll share on my Instagram (which you can find below in my signature on every blog post I do). And I will also share a feed post on my profile too with alternatives in the caption so you can either share it to your stories or feed so we can support others. 

What alternatives help you?? If any?? What's your experience with SH?? Have you gone a long time without doing anything harmful?? Share your thoughts in the comments, let's keep a conversation going. 

I will of course share a feed post on my Insta at 8pm today so definitely check out my Insta below. 

Stay safe and I'll speak to you in my next blog post. 






MissCatherineWard
Where to find me;
Facebook; Miss Catherine Ward
Instagram; @misscatherineward
Email contact; catherinejw@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment